My love affair with Sinhgad began during the Symbi days. Our college had organized a trek to this beautiful hillock on the outskirts of Pune. It was my first time on Sinhgad and it remains a beautiful memory for me. Every time I’ve visited Sinhgad – I’ve seen a different scenery; each unique and full of its own beauty.
Some noteworthy moments during my most recent trek to Sinhgad i.e. in July 09 –
- I drove the Safari thru the city and till the base camp; it was hilarious to see the surprised look on the faces of by passers
- After reaching the foothills; I was glad we had decided to trek and not drive right upto the fort, coz there was the weekend traffic jam.
- This trek was planned with
- There are 2 routes for trekking enthusiasts on Sinhgad. Since its was raining continuously, we choose the non-complex one this time
- At every curve on the route, we saw a new view; filled with numerous shades of green. I tried my best to capture the breathtaking view from the top
- We all got wet; due to sweat as well as the rain
- And before I sign off – here goes the Good Food Guide @ Sinhgad
o Enroute: Boiled Seng (peanuts),
o Once you reach: Hog on ‘Pitla and Bhakri’. The locals cook fresh food and serve you
o On your way down: Chaiii + Kanda Bhajiii